What Data is Collected?
I only collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to me in contact forms or by scheduling a complimentary new client consultation, including: full name, email address, phone number and info about your business.
When you visit this website, I also collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. I also may collect certain geo-location information.
How Long is User Data Stored?
I only store user data for as long as necessary to provide the Site to you and fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your personal information with and who carries out services on our behalf. I may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us improve my services.
Why Your Data is Collected
- To Improve Services: I use Google and WordPress analytics to monitor my site traffic.
- To Effectively Communicate: I use Dropbox and Google Drive to share information and media seamlessly with my clients. If you provide me with any photos, documents or other digital files, I will collect and store that information as well.
- For Content Marketing Purposes: I may use provided information (including your email) to provide select marketing materials to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you, related only to services provided by Emily Morgan Studios. This includes but is not limited to: email marketing, online advertising, and important updates. I I do not rent, sell, or share personally identifiable about you with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. I may also allow access to other aggregate data collected by the site to enable the delivery of targeted online advertising.
Who Has Access?
There are various data processing operations that need to be performed in order for us to deliver, develop and ensure the continuity of our services (i.e. payment processing, sending monthly newsletter updates). Some of these operations have been outsourced to trusted third parties. The following trusted third party sites and applications may have access to client’s stored user data;
- Calendly, online appointment scheduling, United States
- WordPress.com, content management system, United States
- Dropbox Inc., cloud storage, United States
- Google, LLC, site analytics and cloud storage, United States
- PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, payment provider, Luxembourg
- The Rocket Science Group, LLC (MailChimp), email marketing, United States
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures: I may access, preserve, and disclose your information if I believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety.
I comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your rights under the GDPR are as follows:
- The Right to Be Informed. You have the right to be informed of the Information we process about you.
- The Right of Access. You have the right to request access to the Information we process about you, which will be provided to you within one calendar month.
- The Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete, which will be updated within one calendar month.
- The Right to Erasure. You the right to have the Company delete your Information. This request will be completed within one calendar month of your request.
- The Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your Personal Information. This request will be fulfilled within one calendar month.
- The Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request a copy of your Information in electronic format and the right to transmit that Information to any other service.
- The Right to Object. You have the right to object to us processing your Information on grounds relating to your particular situation or for direct marketing purposes. A formal response will be given within one calendar month.
- The Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making. You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, when such a decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- The Right to Complain: You may file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
All formal requests can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation passed in the European Union that helps create transparency around data collection and use.
The GDPR (Article 3, section 2) “applies to the processing of personal data of data subjects who are in the Union by a controller or processor not established in the Union, where the processing activities are related to:
- the offering of goods or services, irrespective of whether a payment of the data subject is required, to such data subjects in the Union; or
- the monitoring of their behavior as far as their behavior takes place within the Union.”
How Do I Revoke Cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. The most effective way to do this is by disabling your cookies directly from your browser. If you use Chrome, here are the steps for doing this. Just keep in mind that certain sites may not function properly with your cookies disabled.
A Quick Note About Minors
Inquiries + Requests
I Believe in Honesty + Transparency
My Commitment to Your Privacy
I (“Emily Morgan Studios”) know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and I take your privacy very seriously. My primary goal is to provide clients and guests with exceptional services and a great user experience. I understand that you may have questions or concerns regarding your personal information and how it will be used. If you have any questions about information not included on this page, you may also email me at email@example.com with any inquiries.
The terms “I,” and “me” refers to “Emily Morgan Studios.” The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site. The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to me that personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address. I do not consider personal information to include information that has been aggregated and/or anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
A Note About Security
I maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While I make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through this site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that I am responsible for any intercepted information shared through this site without my knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release Emily Morgan Studios from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
By using the site, agreeing to services and/or providing information to me on this site, you also agree that I may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. If I learn of a security system’s breach, I may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the site or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify me at firstname.lastname@example.org